Spring into Action this May to win prizes!
Looking for a little motivation to get more active? Sign up to take part in our FREE Spring into Action Workplace Challenge this May and be in with a chance of winning prizes whilst looking after your physical health and mental wellbeing.
Every week throughout the challenge there are nearly £300 worth of prizes up for grabs for you and your colleagues to win simply by walking, jogging and cycling in and around Greater Norwich and Great Yarmouth. By signing up to take part, you can also help your workplace to win a £100 donation to charity!
Become our Spring into Action Champion, by completing the most amount of activities during the challenge, and you can also win £100 worth of BetterPoints and £100 to donate to a charity of your choice.
How do I sign up to the challenge?
If you are new to Betterpoints, follow these steps:
- Just download the BetterPoints app for free on the Google Play Store or the App Store, and register your details.
- When prompted, enter the referral code SPRINGACTION
- Once signed up, click on the ‘Programmes’ tab and join the Spring into Action Workplace Challenge programme - selecting your workplace from the dropdown list.
If you are already using Betterpoints, follow these steps:
- Click on the menu bar and add the referral code SPRINGACTION
- Under ‘Programmes’ click and join the Spring into Action Workplace Challenge programme - selecting your workplace from the dropdown list.
How do I record my activities?
Watch a short video here to get you started or follow these instructions:
Tap the Play ▶ button in the top right corner of the app.
Track your activity via Automatic (always on) or Manual Tracking (when you want to track a specific activity).
How can I win a prize?
You will earn one BetterTicket for every walking, cycling and running activity you record via the BetterPoints app each week during the challenge (of at least half a mile) in the Pushing Ahead reward zone - visit the Frequently asked questions here to see the rewards zone. At the end of the week all your tickets will go into a prize draw to win a variety of prizes ranging from £15 to £50!
Workplace prize - A £100 donation will be given to charity as a reward to the workplaces who get the most amount of their employees taking part in the challenge. This will be scored over four size categories and based on percentage engagement of staff who log a minimum of one activity during the challenge to ensure organisations of all sizes have a fair chance of winning. For more information on the workplace categories visit the FAQs page.
What is the difference between BetterTickets and BetterPoints?
BetterTickets are a prize draw entry earned for doing a specific activity. The tickets you earn automatically enter you into our weekly prize draws.
BetterPoints are something you can win through the prize draws. They are a financially backed currency that you can redeem for high street vouchers or give to your favourite charity or community group. (1,000 BetterPoints is equivalent to £1.)
What can I spend my points on?
Check out our list of vouchers by tapping Redeem on the bottom navigation bar of your app. You can also give your points to your favourite charity or community group by tapping Donate.
‘Just for Fun’ Challenge leaderboards
If you enjoy a bit of friendly competition, view our ‘Just for Fun’ leaderboards throughout the duration of the challenge.
How can my workplace get involved?
If your workplace hasn’t signed up yet, click here for more information about how your workplace can get involved.
Do you have any more questions?
For more information about BetterPoints or how the app works, please read our frequently asked questions here.
Visit our Spring into Action FAQs page for more information about the challenge, including answers to the following questions:
- What type of activity counts?
- What is the Pushing Ahead rewards zone?
- How can my workplace win £100 for charity?
- I live too far away from work to consider travelling by walking, running or cycling. Any ideas?
- I want to try walking, running or cycling to work but I don’t know the best route. Can you help?
- I’m interested in the idea of cycling more, but I don’t have a bike?